Eid ul Adha is fast approaching and if you’re anything like me, you started with the best of intentions to have mind-blowingly amazing, creative, thoughtful and useful gifts but you’ve also been cursed with a serious case of procrastination and/or far too much to do. To take the guesswork out of finding presents that are a little less ordinary, we have done some research and compiled a list of our favourite finds for gifts this Eid all neatly summed up in our Eid ul Adha Gift Guide for 1436/2015
Is it just me or are all men notoriously difficult to buy gifts for? We’ve scoured high and low to make sure the men in your life will be thrilled with their presents.
- Give the beards some love with the Eastern Spice Beard Oil from the London Beard Company While beard oils sound like a relatively new concept, women have been treating their tresses with various oils, known for their hydrating properties, for years. The Eastern Spice Beard Oil containing olive and argan oils, is one of the company’s signature blends with notes of clementine and clove. The oils are made entirely from natural ingredients and promise to keep beards nourished, looking good and smelling great. We are in favour of soft, fantastic smelling beards and think this is just the product to get them in tip top shape!
- Put your stamp on it with these adorable “If found, return to wife” cuff links from Mary Fellows A great touch to finish off an outfit, these cufflinks come beautifully boxed and ready to gift. These are bound to get a chuckle.
- The Personalised Hobbies T Shirt from A Piece of is ideal for someone who takes their hobbies very seriously. They offer 180 pasttimes to choose from including travelling, playing PS3 and even ironing! (Hint, hint!) There’s also an option to add a personalised hidden message on the hem. With something for everyone, you really can’t go wrong with this tee.
Women are generally pretty easy to shop for largely due to the vast selection of “stuff” on offer. This can also make it a little tricky to pick a truly great gift. These presents are sure to make your mum/sister/bestie smile.
- This Luxe Grey and Gold Hijab Pin Set from Hijab Jewels embellished with diamantes and crystals is ideal for sprucing up an outfit for a special occasion. Paired with a deep toned hijab for autumn, it would make a wonderful gift.
- For a gift that is both beautiful and meaningful, we love this wall decal sticker featuring the last four Surahs of the Quran from Colour My Wall. With the customisation options, it can easily be matched to compliment the decor in the recipient’s home. It’s modern, stylish and bound to become a great feature in their home.
- This personalised handmade with love stamp by Pretty Rubber Stamps is perfect for that someone who is always whipping up mass quantities of their signature dish to feed the neighborhood. We think this is a great way to show them you appreciate their culinary genius.
Kids are easy to please and my usual fail safe is Eidee (small denominations of cash handed out to young children in the hopes of retaining your spot as favourite aunty/uncle) but once in a while it’s nice to mix it up a little and give gifts that will be remembered.
- Alhamdulillah story e-book from Al-Maurid.com is a personalised story emphasizing the importance of appreciating all our blessings in which your child becomes the main character. We think this is fantastic for encouraging children to read while imparting important reminders.
- The Let’s Learn Quran with Zaky and Friends DVD from Ibraheem Toy House is an animated film which educates children on lessons from the Quran. Featuring Zaky and his friends from around the world, we get a peek into various cultures the DVD highlights the importance of the Quran. Both educational and entertaining, this is a winner for both kids and mums.
- Designed to improve your knowledge of the five pillars, the 5 Pillars Board Game from Islamic Impressions requires you to conquer all pillars across five difficulty levels before the other team to win. We think it’s likely to provide hours of entertainment for the whole family.
My favourite thing about each of these gifts is that they can be ordered online and allow you to avoid the pain of shopping amongst the crowds in the build up to Eid. Happy shopping!